Export To Qatar By Sea
Home > Export To Qatar By Sea
Need to send a consignment of goods from Australia to Qatar, the tiny country in the Gulf with the richest residents in the world per capita? TSL provides a fully comprehensive service covering both air freight and sea freight between these countries. You can rely on us to get your goods the 10,000km-plus from Australia to Qatar safely, quickly – and for a fantastic price.
Qatar: The Facts
Qatar is a Middle Eastern country with the richest residents in the world per capita. This is because of the country’s oil and gas revenue, which accounts for around 60% of Qatar’s gross domestic product. It is a small (population: 2.6 million) but extremely economically secure country. Qatar has been a member of the World Trade Organisation since 1996. At the time of writing, Qatar was in the process of liberalising its trade policies.
Australia has a fast-developing and friendly relationship with Qatar. Over the last four years, investments between these two countries have been growing, with opportunities opening in areas such as Qatar’s infrastructure. There have been particular developments in this area since Qatar learnt it would be holding the FIFA World Cup in 2022, after which it launched a plan to build the Arab world’s most modern and advanced infrastructure. There are now more joint ventures occurring between Qatari and Australian companies, and increased numbers of Australian companies launching operations in Qatar.
You can find out more about Qatar’s potential as an export market from Austrade, from Austrade, the Australian Trade and Investment Commission.
What about Qatar Imports Of Services?
You probably know what a goods export is – but what do we mean when we talk about Qatar’s imports of services? Well, for starters, the annual services trade between Australia and Qatar is worth around $AU 823 million.
But what are service exports? This term refers to any service provided by a resident in one country to a company or people in another. Such services can cover a wide range of industries. The following are examples of Qatar imports of services from Australia:
• An Australian translation company providing translation services to clients in Qatar
• Qatari residents ringing call centres in Australia and using their services
• Rents paid by an Australian resident or company for property in Qatar
• Use of Australian franchises in Qatar
• Australian visitors in Qatar using local services such as shops, hotels and tours
Sea Freight Services to Qatar
With TSL, exporting to Qatar by sea from Australia takes between 35 and 45 days. Transportation time depends on the following factors:
• Port of departure/arrival: Shipping from Sydney or another southern Australian port will take longer than sending your consignment from the north, simply because there is more water to cover.
• Container type: Cargo in a private container will arrive into Qatar more quickly than if it’s travelling in shared container loads. This is because hiring private container loads, or full container loads (FCLs), will mean your cargo is subject to fewer delays than if you send it in less than container loads (LCLs).
• Cargo type: Certain items will be subject to stricter and lengthier customs checks on arrival into Qatar.
• Weather conditions: These may affect the vessel’s departure from Australia, its progression out at sea and its arrival into Qatar.
Sea Freight Services to Qatar
TSL can organise all aspects of your sea freight operation on your behalf. Our services include everything associated with freight forwarding including packing, inland travel, customs clearance, warehousing/storage and distribution, both in Australia and Qatar. If you need to export to Qatar by sea and would like to know more about sea freight services to Qatar with TSL Australia, please get in touch on our website or by giving us a call.