Intermarine is an ocean transport and marine logistics company that was founded in 1990 in New Orleans. It specialises in large-scale projects, breakbulk and heavy-lift sea shipments. To provide its professional breakbulk shipping service, today it has over 230 employees and a fleet with a total lifting capacity of 1,400 metric tons. If you need to arrange a breakbulk sea shipment with Intermarine, TSL can organise this service for you quickly and easily – and for a fantastic price.
The company has a network of 20 offices throughout the world. It runs regular sailings between the Americas, Europe, West Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Intermarine’s Breakbulk Shipping Service
Intermarine creates bespoke professional breakbulk shipping solutions for large projects. Its projects have included:
1. Transporting 60 pieces of heavy piles from China to the Netherlands for an offshore wind project.
2. Shipping seven locomotives from Virginia on the US’s East Coast to Brazil over 14 days.
3. Carrying 150,000m of cable between Norway and UAE.
What Is Breakbulk Shipping?
Breakbulk refers to any cargo that is loaded individually onto a vessel rather than being transferred onto a ship in a shipping container. It might be driven or towed onto RoRo (roll-on roll-off) carriers, or it could be placed in boxes, bags, crates, drums or barrels then lifted on.
What Kind Of Cargo Is Breakbulk?
Breakbulk cargo is the heavyweight stuff. It’s the bulky, tall items such as heavy machinery, vehicles and motor homes. Some examples of this type of consignment are:
- Motorised vehicles such as cars, lorries and tractors
- Cargo that can be loaded onto a vessel using trailers, for example yachts, caravans and rolling heavy plant equipment
- Agriculture machinery including fertiliser spreaders and verge cutters
- Heavy machinery and tools
- Power generation items such as generators and turbines
- Mining equipment like conveyor belts, drilling rigs and mine roof supports
- Steel and other metal products
To provide its professional breakbulk shipping service, the company has a fleet of around 40 vessels with capacities ranging from 6,000 to 19,000 dwt (deadweight).
Intermarine’s Breakbulk Sea Shipments from Australia
Intermarine offers inducement voyages between Australia and the rest of the world. This means there needs to be a minimum cargo size in order for the port call to occur.
Professional Breakbulk Shipping with TSL
If you need to organise international shipping from Australia, it makes sense to use a booking agent such as TSL. Our scope is not limited to the breakbulk sea shipment itself – we’ll manage the whole operation for you, from pick-up to delivery. Our comprehensive service includes customs clearance, warehousing, distribution and inland travel.