Low-Cost Sea Freight From India
Home > Low-Cost Sea Freight From India
Exporting from India to Australia is a billion-dollar industry, and TSL is here to help you take a slice of the cake through our top-quality logistics business. Allow us to guide you through the process of importing goods into Australia from India. We offer first-rate services in sea and air freight shipping from India. Our offerings cover all segments of the logistics process, including pick-up, packing, warehousing, heavy haulage, customs clearance and more.
Importing Goods From India
In 2018-19, incoming trade from India was worth a huge AU$ 4.9 billion annually. The main types of cargo imported into Australia from India over the last few years have been refined petroleum, railway vehicles and medicines including veterinary. There’s been a significant growth in the trading relationship between Australia and India in recent years, with two-way trade doubling in the decade following 2007. While there is currently no free trade agreement to facilitate exporting from India into Australia, in May 2011 the two countries initiated discussions for an Australia–India Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement. At the time of writing, it was still under negotiation – you can read the latest here.
Low-Cost Sea Freight From India
Importing via the ocean is usually cheaper than air freight shipping from India, but of course this is relatively slow, typically taking between 24 and 32 days. The total time depends on whether your consignment is arriving from the east or the west coast of India. Over many years, TSL has built up excellent relationships with some of India’s top shipping companies. Thanks to our longstanding relations with logistics providers all over the planet, we can easily organise low-cost sea freight from India for your business.
Low-Cost Air Freight From India
Sending items from Asia to Australia by plane is by far the swiftest method of transportation. The distances involved are huge, with at least 5,500km of sea to cover between the two continents – and often more. While it may take as little as 24 hours to fly your goods from Indian to Australian soil, the maximum transit time is six days – the length of time TSL can offer you will depend on the availability of direct flights. It’s worth remembering that air freight shipping from India is usually more costly than ocean transportation – you pay a higher price for speed and for more convenient ports of arrival inland.
Quick Tips For Doing Business In India
So you’ve decide exporting from India is for you – but what do you know about doing business in this vast country? Here are some tips to get you started:
- When greeting associates in India, the handshake is common although some Indians may instead say ‘Namaste’ while pressing their palms together and bowing their heads
- Hierarchical structures within companies are more pronounced in India, with a formal relationship between managers and those working under them
- There is significant cultural diversity within India, and society is multi-ethnic and multi-lingual with huge differences between the north and the south – it’s good to bear this in mind when liaising with associates up and down the country
- Indians use ‘Mr’ and ‘Mrs’ to address colleagues, and sometimes ‘Madam’ and ‘Sir’. The suffix ‘Ji’ may be added to the end of a name, which is an indicator of respect
- It is more common for meetings to begin and end late and for interruptions to occur in India than in other cultures
Our Promise To You
TSL Australia offers a comprehensive freight forwarding service covering Australasia, Asia, the Americas and Europe. You’ll be in great hands with us – we draw upon decades of experience working with clients all over the planet. No matter what you’re transporting – and whatever the size of your consignment – we’ll set up every link in the chain from pick-up right through to delivery. You can count on us to help you import goods from India with ease and expertise, every time.