If you’re an Australian or Vietnamese business looking to import goods from Vietnam to Australia, allow TSL to help. We provide a fully comprehensive freight forwarding service, covering all aspects of international freight. We are based in Melbourne, Australia, with our services extending all over the globe and spanning several industries. We can help with both sea freight exports from Vietnam to Australia and air freight exports from Vietnam to Australia, plus any other aspect of freight forwarding you need assistance with.
There are several reasons why you may choose to do business with Vietnam as an Australian company. Vietnam has seen rapid economic growth over the last three decades. It became a member of the World Trade Organization(WTO), which regulates global trade, in 2007. Vietnam has a skilled workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit, as well as an increasingly good relationship with Australia.
Total two-way trade between Australia and Vietnam (merchandise and services) was valued at AU$11.8 billion in 2016-17. Vietnam’s first export destination is the US, which receives around 21% of Vietnamese exports. The next is China; this country receives about 13% of Vietnamese exports. Japan is third, receiving about 8% of Vietnamese exports. Australia is 11th, and receives approximately 2% of Vietnamese exports. This equates to around AU$4.8 billion per annum.
To find out more about Vietnam’s trade relationship with Australia, please see this report from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. There is also some useful information about Vietnam’s market profile on the Australian Trade and Investment Commission’s website.
If you would like to import goods from Vietnam into Australia but have never done so before, here are four stages you may like to consider before taking this step:
1. Gather information: Research the products you are looking to import, in order to discover whether there is a current market for them in Australia.
2. Find supplier: Explore Vietnamese manufacturers of the items you wish to bring into Australia; make them your best offer and reach a deal that suits both parties.
3. Marketing your goods: Find reliable outlets in Australia for the items you are hoping to sell on.
4. Choose whether to ship via air or sea: TSL is here to organise low-cost and competitive sea and freight services for you. We can also help you decide which of these modes of transport is best for your goods and for your company.
5. Organise shipping: If you’re keen to find reliability and an all-round fantastic freight forwarding service, you can’t go wrong using TSL. We can supply everything from pick-up to delivery – as well as peripheral services such as packing, storage and distribution – all at highly competitive prices.
Shipping goods into Australia via the sky is the quickest way of getting it here. Vietnam is more than 5,200km from Australian shores. Air freight exports from Vietnam to Australia take around 1-6 days with TSL Australia and are more expensive than shipping by sea – this method is perfect if you are not limited in terms of budget. It is best used for cargo that is relatively light and does not take up too much space.
Boats are, of course, much slower than planes, but there are a number of advantages of sending your precious cargo via the sea. The first one is that it is much less costly. Sea freight exports from Vietnam to Australia usually take around 20-30 days, and are more suited to consignments that are heavy, bulky or oversized.