If you’re an Australian or Thai business looking to import goods from Thailand to Australia, allow TSL to help. We provide a fully comprehensive freight forwarding service, covering all aspects of international freight. We are based in Melbourne, Australia, with our services extending all over the globe and spanning several industries. We can help with both sea freight exports from Thailand to Australia and air freight exports from Thailand to Australia, plus any other aspect of freight forwarding you need assistance with.
There are several reasons why you may choose to do business with Thailand as an Australian business. Thailand is a regional and global manufacturing hub for vehicles, automotive components, consumer electronics and processed food and beverages. It is also a leading exporter of agricultural commodities (particularly rice, palm oil, rubber sugar and seafood). This country has a highly developed infrastructure, making it easy to arrange transportation within Thailand.
The total merchandise trade between Australia and Thailand (imports and exports) was A$11.1 billion in 2016-17. Thailand’s first trading partner is the US, which receives around 11.4% of Thai exports. The next is China; this country receives about 11% of Thai exports. Japan is third, receiving about 9.6% of Thai exports. Australia is 14th, receiving approximately 1.8% of Thai exports.
To find out more about Thailand’s trade relationship with Australia, please see this report from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. There is also some useful information on the Australian Trade and Investment Commission’s website.
How To Import Goods From Thailand
If you would like to import goods from Thailand into Australia but have never done so before, here are four stages you may like to consider before taking this step:
1. Gather information: Research the products you hope to import, and find out whether there is a market for them in Australia.
2. Find suppliers: Explore Thai manufacturers of the items you wish to bring into Australia; make them your best offer and find a deal that suits both parties.
3. Marketing your goods: Find outlets in Australia for the items you are hoping to sell on.
4. Choose your shipping method (air or sea): TSL is here to organise low-cost and competitive sea and freight services for you. We can help you decide which of these modes of transport is best for your goods and for your company.
5. Organise shipping: If you want reliability and an all-round fantastic service, you can’t go wrong with TSL’s fantastic freight forwarding service. We can supply everything from pick-up to delivery – as well as peripheral services such as packing, storage and distribution – all at highly competitive prices.
Air Freight Export Thailand To Australia
Shipping goods into Australia via the sky is the quickest way of getting it here. Thailand is more than 6,000km from Australian shores. Air freight exports from Thailand to Australia take around 1-6 days with TSL Australia and are more expensive than shipping by sea – this method is ideal if you are not limited in terms of budget. It is best used for cargo that is relatively light and does not take up too much space.
Sea Freight Export Thailand To Australia
Boats are much slower than planes, but there are a number of advantages of sending your precious cargo via the sea. Sea freight exports from Thailand to Australia usually takes around 18-30 days, and are more suited to consignments that are bulky, heavy or oversized.