If you’re an Australian or Qatari business looking to import goods from Qatar to Australia, allow us to step in and help. TSL provides a fully comprehensive freight forwarding service. We are based in Melbourne, Australia. Our services extend all over the globe and span several industries. We can help with both sea freight exports from Qatar to Australia and air freight exports from Qatar to Australia, plus any other aspect of freight forwarding you need assistance with.
Qatari Trade With Australia
There are several reasons why you may choose to do business with this tiny country with a population of just 2.6 million. For starters, Qatar is one of the most economically secure countries in the Gulf because of its huge oil and gas reserves. It has been a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO), the body regulating international trade, since 1996. For more information about this Middle Eastern country, please see the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Australia imported around $AU 275 million worth of goods and $AU 653 million of services from Qatar in 2016-17. Major imports from Qatar to Australia include fertilisers, aluminium, refined petroleum, sulphur and iron pyrites.
To find out more about Qatar’s trade relationship with Australia, please see this report from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. There is also some useful information about Qatar’s market profile on the Australian Trade and Investment Commission’s website.
How To Import Goods From Qatar
If you would like to import goods from Qatar into Australia but have never done so before, here are four stages you may like to consider before taking this step:
1. Gather information: Research the products you are looking to import, in order to find out whether there is a current market for them in Australia.
2. Locate suppliers: Explore Qatari manufacturers of the items you are hoping to bring into Australia; make them your best offer and reach a deal that suits both parties.
3. Marketing your goods: Find reliable outlets in Australia for the items you are looking to sell on.
4. Choose whether to ship via air or sea: TSL can also help you decide which of these transportation methods is best according to the needs of your company.
5. Organise shipping: If you’re seeking reliability and professionalism from a freight forwarding service, you can’t go wrong using TSL. We can supply everything from pick-up to delivery – as well as peripheral services such as packing, storage and distribution – all at highly competitive prices.
Air Freight Export Qatar To Australia
Qatar is a long way away from Australia: over 10,500km away, in fact. Shipping goods into Australia on an airplane is the quickest way of getting it here. Air freight exports from Qatar to Australia take around 1-6 days with TSL Australia and are more expensive than shipping by sea – this method is perfect if you are not limited in terms of budget. It is best used for cargo that is relatively light and does not take up too much space.
Sea Freight Export Qatar To Australia
Boats are, of course, much slower than planes, but there are a number of advantages of sending your precious cargo via the sea. The first one is that it is much less costly. Sea freight exports from Qatar to Australia usually take around 35-45 days, and are more suited to consignments that are heavy, bulky or oversized.
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT US