If you’re an Australian or Indonesian business looking to import goods from Indonesia to Australia, allow TSL to step in and help. We provide a fully comprehensive freight forwarding service, covering all aspects of international freight. We are based in Melbourne, Australia, with our services extending all over the globe.
Indonesian Trade With Australia
The total merchandise trade between Australia and Indonesia (imports and exports) was A$11.1 billion in 2016-17. Indonesia’s first trading partner is China, which receives around 11.6% of Indonesian exports. The next is the US; this country receives about 11.2% of Indonesian exports. Japan is third, receiving about 11.1% of Indonesian exports. Australia is 12th, receiving approximately 2.2% of Indonesian exports (A$4.5 billion). To find out more about Indonesia’s trade relationship with Australia, please see this report from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
How To Import Goods From Indonesia
If you would like to import goods from Indonesia into Australia but have never done so before, here are four stages you’ll need to consider before taking this step:
- Gathering information: Research the products you are hoping to import from Indonesia and find out whether there is a market for them in Australia.
- Finding suppliers: Explore Indonesian manufacturers of the goods you wish to bring into Australia; make offers and find the best deal.
- Marketing your goods: Find outlets within Australia for the products or items you are looking to sell on.
- Deciding which shipping method to use: TSL is here to organize low cost and competitive sea and freight services for you. We can help you decide which of these modes of transport is best for your goods and for your company.
- Organize shipping: If you want reliability and all-round fantastic service, use TSL’s fantastic freight forwarding service. We can supply everything from the pick-up to delivery, as well as peripheral services such as packing, storage, and distribution, all at highly competitive prices.
Air Freight Export Indonesia To Australia
Shipping goods into Australia via the sky is the quickest way of getting it here. Indonesia is more than 3,500km from Australian shores. Air freight exports from Indonesia to Australia take around 1-7 days with TSL Australia and are more expensive than shipping by sea. This method is ideal if you are not limited in terms of budget. It is best used for cargo that is relatively light and does not take up too much space.
Sea Freight Export Indonesia To Australia
Boats are much slower than planes, but there are a number of advantages of sending your precious cargo via the sea. Sea freight exports from Indonesia to Australia usually takes around 16-22 days, and are more suited to consignments that are bulky, heavy or oversized.