Air And Sea Freight To And From Qatar
Home > Air And Sea Freight To And From Qatar
Trade between Australia and Qatar is worth millions: in 2017 the merchandise trade between the two countries reached $AU 947 million and the services trade was worth $AU 823 million. Are you a Qatari or Australian importer and exporter wanting to transport goods between these two countries? If you need to organize air or sea freight to and from Qatar, TSL is here to help you out. We provide a comprehensive freight forwarding service covering everything from packing to distribution, and from third-party logistics to warehousing and storage. We’ll ensure your goods arrive at their required destination for a fantastic price – and with minimal fuss.
TSL can help with the following operations:
Imports by air or sea – Australia -> Qatar
Imports by air or sea – Qatar -> Australia
|Qatar fact fileCapital: Doha|
Population: 2.6 million
Top import sources: United States, China and Germany
Key goods imports from Australia: Aluminium ores, meat, live animals
Yearly goods trade with Australia: $AU 947 million (2016-17)
Yearly services trade with Australia: $AU 823 million
Import By Air: Australia To Qatar (And Vice Versa)
If you want to export Australian goods into Qatar or Qatari goods into Australia, you’ll need to decide whether it makes more sense to transport items as sea or air freight. Transporting goods to and from Qatar by plane is by far the quickest method of transportation. It will typically take 1-6 days for goods to reach their final destination. Airfreight is the logical choice if your consignment is not too bulky or heavy, and if your budget is big enough to be able to invest in air transportation. To know more about imports by air from Australia to Qatar or from Qatar to Australia with TSL, please get in touch via our website or by telephone.
Import By Sea: Australia To Qatar (And Vice Versa)
Organizing sea freight to and from Qatar is the best bet if you are not limited for time, if your consignment is heavy or bulky and if you are wanting to keep freight forwarding costs down. Shipping from Australia to Qatar takes around 35-45 days, depending on a number of factors (e.g. the type of shipping container you hire and weather conditions).
Things To Remember When Tips Doing Business With Qatar
1. Qatar is an Islamic country which follows Sharia Law.
2. Arabic is the official language in Qatar. English can be used for business purposes, but many documents need to be in Arabic by law – for example, invoices and product labels.
3. It takes time to build up trust and relationships in Qatar – winning business may be a longer process than what many Australians are used to – so don’t rush things. The key is patience. Many visits the country and multiple meetings may be needed before deals are reached and papers are signed.
4. Qatar is more conservative than Australia, so men should always wear a shirt, suit and tie during business meetings. Women should dress modestly, in long-sleeved tops and skirts below the knee (although headscarves are not necessary).
5. Men should shake hands with other men but are not advised to touch women unless they’ve given a clear sign that this is OK.
6. Things to avoid are a) using your left hand to pass objects, eat or drink (this is considered unclean) and b) sitting with the soles of your feet facing the people you are with (this is considered offensive).
7. The working week in Qatar is Sunday to Thursday.
To know more about TSL’s services, click below Contact Us Link.